Tuesday, May 1, 2007

NYC MTA Haikus

Since I now have a 60-90 min commute (each way) I am trying to write then. Haikus are convenient because I can write them while standing. The titles of the first 4 correspond to the line and station where they were finished.

N 36th street
If you touch my ass
One more time I swear to God
I'll lose my balance.

Atlantic/Pacific Street

Do not send your kids
To ask me for my number.
MUY unattractive.

2 Chambers Street
Beautiful gold cross
On beautiful black cleavage
Peripheral lust.

2 Penn Station
"Tell me something, babe-"
"Do I look like I fucking
want to talk to you?"

For Mr. Wall St., #1
If I wanted to
I could read complex math books
And never look up.

For Mr. Wall St., #2
Haven't seen you since
I bought this pink push-up bra
You selfish bastard.

For Mr. Wall St., #3
You're almost too hot
(Why? The eyes/hair/height/yes/lips)
Almost. But not quite.

For Mr. Wall St., #4
Soft swept hair, bored eyes
Maybe, hopefully, someday
I'll stop wondering.

No comments: